Become a GCDE member
Members volunteer their time and knowledge to support the work of the committee and to benefit the community of people with disabilities in Washington state.
If you would like to serve on the Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues & Employment, please follow these steps:
- Read about the GCDE Membership Application Process (pdf version or word version)
- Fill out the Governor's online application to serve on a board or commission
- Fill out the GCDE Supplemental Questionnaire (pdf version or word version)
You can also contact Elaine Stefanowicz by email at email@example.com or by calling 360-902-9362 for more information.
- Have a disability, be a family member of someone with a disability or be an advocate/professional working on behalf of a disabled person.
- Have experience working to empower people with disabilities to obtain equality of opportunity or maximum independence.
- Possess expertise, special skills or resources that will contribute to the activities of the the committee.
- Have leadership experience in community-based activities which enhance opportunities for people with disabilities.