Requesting public records
You can view your unemployment insurance claim details at least as far back at 2016 and wages reported by your employers as far back as 2005 online. Sign up for a Secure Access Washington account to get claim and wage information with no waiting.
WHAT'S NEW: An individual or a third party requestor can upload and submit an authorized signed records request/release online for a copy of an individual’s wages reported by State of Washington employers and/or the individual’s unemployment payment history. These type of requests submitted online will be responded to within one business day. It is recommend to use one of the below applicable request forms. Click here for more details on how to submit this type of request.
You may request public records from the Employment Security Department via email, phone, fax or mail. If you would like to speak someone then you can call the Records Disclosure Unit at 844-766-8930. The Records Disclosure Unit answers phone calls from 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
Mail :Records Disclosure Unit
Public Records Officer Robert L. Page
P.O. Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046
Use these forms to submit your request:
- Request general-information using a PDF (45KB) or Word (36KB) form.
- Request copies of your own records using a PDF (53KB) or Word (43KB) form.
- Authorization for a third party to obtain copies of an individual's records using PDF (53KB) or Word (43KB) form.
- Authorization for a third party to obtain copies of an employer's records using PDF (53K) or Word (43K) form. (This form can also be used for an employer to request a copy of their own records.)
- View the list of ESD public records that are exempt and confidential PDF (11KB).
You may request confidential information. Learn how data-sharing works.
Read our privacy statement.