Restart your claim
If you’ve missed filing benefits for:
- Five or more weeks, you can restart your claim for the current week and optionally request to backdate the reopening in eServices or with a Claims Center agent.
- Fewer than five weeks, you don’t need to restart your claim. Continue submitting weekly claims from the last week you missed. If you worked during any of those weeks, you must include the hours you worked and your earnings., A portion of your benefits will be deducted based on the amount of earnings you reported. If you don’t want to claim every missed week, speak to a claims center agent by calling 800-318-6022.
Restart your claim online
To restart your claim online in eServices, use these steps:
- Login to eServices.
- Go to your active claims by either:
- Clicking on “Manage my active claim” (top right of image 1).
- Clicking on “Manage my active UI claim” (bottom left of image 1).
- Click “Restart my claim to begin filing again” under “I want to.” (image 2)
- Follow the instructions on screen to finish reopening your claim.
Learn how to avoid common unemployment issues.
Image 1 - Click "Manage my active claim" or "Manage my active UI claim"
Image 2 - Click "Restart my claim to begin filing again"
Restart your claim by phone
You can also call the Claims Center at 800-318-6022 to use the automated system (12 a.m. Sunday – 4 p.m. Friday, unless Friday is a holiday) or speak with a claims agent during regular business hours. You will need to speak with a Claims Center agent if you wish to request claims for the past weeks that you missed.
For current Claims Center contact information and hours go to: https://esd.wa.gov/unemployment/unemployed-workers-contact. People with hearing or speech disabilities may dial 711 to be connected to a Washington Relay Service operator.
NOTE: As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, the claims center is experiencing an extremely high volume of calls and wait times to speak with an agent are long.
You should restart your account during the first week you are unemployed or wish to begin claiming again. Then you will be able to file your first claim for that week beginning the next Sunday. Remember to submit your weekly claims every week after that. When you are working full time again and no longer need unemployment benefits, simply stop filing claims.