Governor's Committee on Disability Issues & Employment (GCDE)
What we do
We promote equality, opportunity, independence and full participation in life for people with disabilities. Our members represent a wide range of constituent groups, geographical perspectives, ethnic origins and cultural heritage. Together, we:
- Advise Governor Inslee, the legislature and state agencies on policies that affect people with disabilities.
- Monitor legislation to assure equal opportunity and access for employment, education, healthcare and public services. Promote understanding of the needs and potential of people with disabilities, offering information and awareness training to the public.
- Recognize employers who demonstrate leadership in employing people with disabilities.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the business community to promote employment opportunities and awareness of disability issues.
- Conduct our activities in barrier-free environments and use appropriate auxiliary aids and services to ensure effective communication.
How can we help you?
Get a list of our recommended resources, find out more about our work and learn how you can join us in our efforts to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.