The last time you can file unemployment taxes using UIFastTax is the second quarter of 2014 (April, May and June). We'll shut it down August 31. We encourage you to switch to Employer Account Management Services which offers many of the same features as UIFastTax with better security and operating-system compatibility.
You may file quarterly wage reports using UIFastTax. UIFastTax is an application you download and install on your local personal computer.
It's not compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Vista. Users with these operating systems who elect to use UIFastTax will experience difficulties, such as losing their data, unable to retrieve tax rates or quarters, as well as connectivity issues with the Employment Security server.
If you are using Windows Experience (XP) or an older version of Windows and having issues with UIFastTax working, we recommend that you backup your data, uninstall and reinstall the application.
- To uninstall UIFastTax, see instructions below.
How to remove UIFastTax from your computerWe recommend that you back-up your data and remove UIFastTax prior to installing another filing application.
- In UIFastTax under the file menu, select backup and then select backup user data. UIFastTax will automatically assign the backup file a file name. Select a backup location and click the save button.
- To remove UIFastTax, Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.
For additional questions or to get more information about filing your quarterly report, paying taxes, or about our electronic filing tools, contact your tax account management center.
UIFastTax help topics
|The documents on this page are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, download the reader.|
- Sign up for email reminders on tax filing due dates
- Online technical support
- Electronc filing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Minimum system requirementsNote: UIFastTax is not Mac compatible. Mac users can use EAMS or UIWebTax to file quarterly reports.
**UIFastTax is not compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Vista.**
Along with a basic knowledge of the Windows operating system, the minimum requirements are:
- Pentium 133 Processor
- Windows 95, 98, Millenium Edition (ME), New Technology (NT), 2000 or XP (Experience)
- 32 MB of RAM and 20 MB of available hard disk space
- Mouse and Keyboard
- Super VGA 800x600 Minimum (Normal/small fonts)
For system issues with ePay, UIWebTax, EAMS or UIFastTax (except UIFastTax user with Windows 7, Windows 8, (8.1) or Windows Vista), contact technical support at 800-565-4660 or email email@example.com