Skip Navigation

Printer-friendly version

Update your address, phone number, email address or name

It is important to keep your mailing address current in our files, even if you have stopped claiming benefits. We mail your IRS tax information, benefit eligibility information and other notices to the address we have on file.

How do I change my address or phone number?

You can change your address and phone number by Internet or by calling the weekly claims line at 800-318-6022 and selecting Option 4.

To avoid errors when using the phone, please speak slowly and clearly.

The Internet and weekly claims line address and telephone number change option is available 24 hours a day, beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m. through 3 p.m. of the last business day of each week (usually Friday, unless it is a state holiday).

The address-change option will not be given if you have already filed an address change for the week. You can submit only one address change per week. If you need to make a second address change during the same week, call the claims center.

When will my address change be effective?

When you speak with a claims center agent, the change you requested takes place immediately. If you use the weekly claims line or Internet, we usually change your address the same day you submit it. However, it could take up to 48 hours to process.

If you submit an address change, please wait until later in the week to file your weekly claim. Otherwise, we may mail all correspondence, including your check, to your old address.

The post office does not forward unemployment benefit checks.

How do I change my email address?

You can add or update your email address only by Internet or by calling the claims center at 800-318-6022.

How do I change my name?

Call the claims center at 800-318-6022 to speak with a claims specialist.

Read Employment Security's privacy statement.

Connect with Employment Security
Twitter icon FaceBook icon Blog icon