Shared Work Program
The smart alternative to layoffs
If you are facing a temporary decline in business, the Shared Work Program offers you an alternative to laying off workers.
Instead, you can reduce the work hours of your permanent employees, and they can collect partial unemployment benefits to replace a portion of their lost wages. This translates into immediate payroll savings and prevents the loss of your skilled employees.This informational video gives an overview showing how thousands of employers have used the program to:
- Reduce payroll costs.
- Retain their skilled employees.
- Have flexibility during uneven workload periods.
- Be able to react quickly when demand returns.
Follow these steps to determine if Shared Work is right for you!
The bottom line
- The Shared Work Program saves you money and keeps your skilled workforce intact.
- Employees are spared the hardship of full unemployment and get more income than if they were fully laid off.
Shared Work forms
Visit our Shared Work forms and publications library for easy access to downloadable files.
An easy way to send documents to the Shared Work unit is to upload them directly.
Employer help: 800-752-2500 | Fax: 800-701-7754 | Email: email@example.com.
Shared Work Program | P.O. Box 9046 | Olympia, WA 98507