Updated Tuesday, October 28
Long telephone wait times at Claims CentersClaims Center hold times are longer than normal. Yesterday we experienced hardware problems with the phone system. Our vendor replaced the faulty equipment overnight and is currently reconnecting and testing the system.
If you need to apply for benefits or file your weekly claim by phone, please keep trying. To speak to a rep about your claim: choose your language; enter and confirm your social security number; next press 7. We encourage you to listen to all the prompts. There are self-service options that may address your questions. The option to speak to a rep is also available.
We appreciate your patience as we deal with these technical issues. And we apologize for the inconvenience. We are working as quickly as we can to help every customer with their weekly claims and benefit applications.
Suggestions for avoiding the phone system
- Apply for benefits online (Computers are available at local WorkSource offices.)
- File your weekly claim online
- Check your payment status online
- New claimants learn more about when you'll get your first check
- Pay your overpayment online
- Find answers to general questions
- Change your address using the weekly claims application online
- Submit an online form with your question
- Look up info in the online version of “Handbook for Unemployed Workers”