Updated Tuesday, December 16 at 8 a.m.
High call volumes to the claims centersWe are experiencing high call volumes to our claims centers. If you must speak to an agent, please try again later or check our website. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Here's what you can do online
- Apply for benefits online (Computers are available at local WorkSource offices.)
- File your weekly claim online
- Check your payment status online
- New claimants learn more about when you'll get your first check
- Pay your overpayment online
- Find answers to general questions
- Change your address using the weekly claims application online
- Submit an online form with your question
- Look up info in the online version of “Handbook for Unemployed Workers”
Phone prompt instructions for speaking to an agentPlease listen carefully to the automated options first. Answers and filing options are available through our automated system. And the automated options don't require you to wait on hold or speak to an agent.
1. Call 800-318-6022
2. Select Language: 1 for English, 2 for Spanish (or select your language as prompted)
3. Enter your social security number
4. Confirm your social security number by pressing 1 if correct (or 2 and reentering).
5. Select option 7
6. Then select option 8 (this option currently leads to a high volume message & the phone disconnects).
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are working as quickly as we can to help every customer. We appreciate your patience.
Why call volumes are so highFall is traditionally peak unemployment time as seasonal work comes to an end. Coupled with that, ESD recently experienced another round of layoffs. As the economy improves, funding decreases and ESD lays off workers.
Our agency layoff notices were posted in August. Check our our Worker adjustment and retraining notification Web page and search 'Employment Security' for details.