Budget cuts causing long telephone wait timesDue to large budget cuts, we had to reduce our unemployment-claims staff. As a result, there often are substantial wait times to reach a claims agent by phone (800-318-6022).
The volume is highest on Mondays and Tuesdays and during lunch-time throughout the week.
To reopen your claim
- In most cases, you can reopen your claim online, or
- Use the automated service on the phone system in the evening or weekends, when call volumes subside. Dial 800-318-6022. After entering your Social Security number, press option 2.
Ideas for avoiding the phone system
- Where possible, please file your benefits applications through our website.
- You can find answers to many of your questions on our website
- You can submit questions through our website, and a claims agent will respond to you, usually in 48 to 72 hours.